TRINITY CHRISTIAN SCHOOL
Trinity Christian School is located at:
3727 Rosehill Road
Fayetteville, NC 28311
Trinity Christian School offers Accelerated Kindergarten, Elementary Grades 1-4, Middle School Grades 5-8, and High School Grades 9-12. We look forward to serving you during the 2013-2014 Academic School Year. Trinity's students are presented with a broader and more intense study of academic curriculum than many other schools and they are appropriately achieving its goals and objectives regularly each academic school year. Regular student achievement of academics presented usually places their collective academic acumen beyond, or significantly beyond, normal grade level.
Parent/Guardians interested in enrollment may contact Trinity Christian School to schedule an appointment after 2:00p.m. Please obtain a copy of the student's most recent grade card for K-8th grade or an unofficial copy of the student's transcript for high school inquiries prior to your scheduled meeting. All meetings must be scheduled by the parent or guardian responsible for the child or children. Please no student inquiries!
Hours of Operation
Bible Truths are taught each morning from 7:45 A.M. - 8:00 A.M in Elementary grades K-4. Special assemblies of Bible preaching and teaching are periodically provided for Middle and High School students each semester. Your child is instructed and edified each morning prior to class. Bible Truths are elective for parents and students, not mandatory.
Elementary School classes begin promptly at 8:00 A.M. and end at 2:00 P.M. Middle School and High School classes begin at 8:00 A.M. and end at 2:00 P.M. Trinity High School operates on a 4x4 schedule.
Teacher Monitored and Tutorial Study Hall is available for students needing to complete their course assignments and prepare for tests from 2:00 P.M. - 5:00 P.M.
The office is open from 7:00 A.M. - 6:00 P.M.
The building opens at 5:30 A.M. and closes at 6:00 P.M.
Teacher Monitored and Tutorial Study Hall
An essential part of our school program is the after school teacher monitored and tutorial study hall: wherein Trinity students, in the presence of their classroom teachers, primarily achieve the balance of their classroom assignments remaining after their initial classroom period of study. Students are
monitored and tutored according to their grade of study in groups. Teachers oversee their work lending instruction, understanding, and motivation for both individual and group progress of students achieving their assignments. Trinity's study hall is conducted from 2:00 p.m. until 5:00 p.m. daily, Monday through Friday. Fridays are relaxed after 3:30 p.m. for a movie, outside play, or both activities.
Trinity's percentile grading scale for expounded course work classroom curriculum and
testing is as follows:
100% - 94% A
93% - 86% B
85% - 75% C
*74% and below is less than our school's minimum percentile scoring average and therefore, these averages are not represented as by letter grades of academic achievement.
- Parents and students shall be responsible for attendance of Trinity's school calendar
year a minimum of 160 days.
- Parents and students will be present for class at 8:00 a.m. daily, and for all calendar
school days stating required student attendance.
- Total absences for the calendar school year shall not exceed 20 days (10 per semester),
and tardies for class start times beginning at 8:00 a.m. daily, shall not exceed six (6) per nine weeks
grading period, or an aggregate total of eighteen (18) for the complete year.
- Prearranged absences are obtained for medical purposes only, but are not to exceed the160-dayminimum school attendance quota maintained by Trinity students.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION NEEDED FOR YOUR CHILD
- Birth Certificate
- Up-to-Date Shot Record
- Social Security Card
- Kindergarten Physical
- Signed Contract for the School Year
- Signed Discipline Statement
- Completed and Signed Student Assessment Form
- Signed School Lunch Forms
** All items must be submitted to the administrative office before the first day of school.
Trinity Christian School Discipline Policy
2013-2014 School Calendar & Report Card Schedule
Clubs Offered for 2013-2014
- Student Government: Grades 4th - 12th; A President, Vice President, Treasurer, and
Secretary will be selected from each class.
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA): Grades 6th - 12th; Open to members of
football, basketball, baseball, girls soccer, girls cheerleading, and rhythm gymnastics.
- Junior Beta Club: Grades 5th - 8th; Each member must maintain a "90" or above
average in each subject.
- National Honor Society: Grades 9th - 12th; Each member must maintain a "90" or
above average in each subject.
- Pep Club: Grades 4th - 12th; Open to students who are not participating in a sport for the school year.
- Computer Club: Grades 7th - 12th; Open to students who are in the computer plus class and who maintain an A/B average in the class.
- Yearbook Staff: Grades 8th - 12th; Students assist in collecting pictures, information,
and writing student-related articles for the yearbook.
- High School Headline Staff: Grades 9th - 12th; Students write and submit weekly
articles to the Fayetteville Observer Saturday Extra.
- 2 Pocket Folder (for daily papers and homework)
- 2 Glue Sticks (no liquid please)
- Scissors (plastic safety)
- Pencils (no fat pencils please)
- Extra erasers
- 12 Qt. Rubbermaid box with a lid (to hold supplies)
- Vinyl "Kindermat"
- Naptime Blanket (optional)
- Spiral Writing Tablet (Wide Rule 100 Sheets)
- Crayon box (to hold supplies)
- Change of clothes and underwear
- Old sock to use as an eraser for chalkboard
First and Second Grade
- 3 Pocket Folder (2)
- 2-5 Subject notebooks
- Looseleaf notebook paper
- 1-1 Subject notebook for journals
- Washable Markers
- Glue Sticks (only)
- Small Pencil Box
- Webster's New World Children's Dictionary
- 12" Ruler
- 12 Qt. Rubbermaid Box with a Lid (1st Grade Only)
Third, Fourth, Fifth, and Sixth Grade
- 1 folder or notebook for each subject
- 1 Composition notebook for journals (third and fourth only)
- 1 notebook with loose-leaf paper
- #2 Pencils (no lead pencils in third and fourth grade)
- Webster's Dictionary (any adult)
Seventh, Eighth, Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh, and Twelfth Grade
- 1 Subject notebook for each subject
- #2 Pencils
- Webster's Dictionary (any adult)
- High School Student Summer and Holiday Novels
- Calculator beginning with Algebra I (TI-82 or higher graphing calculator)
- 3-ring binder with 4 dividers for Geometry and Algebra II
CUMBERLAND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT CENTER, INC DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS
OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, AGE OR DISABILITY.